Sunday, January 27, 2013

January - The Longest Month Ever

It was brought to our attention, by our friends the Whytes', that January is the LoNgEsT month ever. When I first heard that, I was a little skeptical. I can now attest that I am 100% sold that January is too long.

One reason that I hope January blows by is - the snow seems to keep falling. Yesterday we had beautiful forty degree weather! The driveway melted off and the roads were completely clear of snow and ice. But today, we woke to 5 inches of snow... Fox didn't even want to go outside, and we usually have to dig him out of a snow bank! All in good time.

So here are some updates for the new year...

Fox, after his haircut. He was very excited to strut his new stuff for the other dogs on the block.

My new preferred method of injecting insulin. Had a visit with the diabetes educator and she hooked me up with this insulin pen for free! I just buy cartridges of insulin to refill it. This makes shooting up in public much less awkward! 
We finally got our Highlander back. After two months of shop time, or car is back in business and doing great. 
This is what I see when walking out to my car each night after work. It can be so cold, yet so pretty at the same time.
Hopefully January will kick it into gear and we can get on with February!

4 comments:

Karen Whyte said...

Wahoo! We've almost made it through the month! Next January the four of us may just have to plan a cruise to somewhere warm to make the long dreaded month go by quicker.

karri said...

I wondered if you would ever update your blog. Glad to hear you are alive. Hope you are well.

B and D said...

Did you just skip over December? I thought it had some pretty memorable moments in it!! Love you two.

J]-[ said...

Frank looks so cute!